Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Freak-out

I just had a major meltdown, and I don't know why. I'm tired from work and a busy weekend - probably just overtired. I decided to pay bills/balance accounts on Microsoft Money and downloaded my checking account info only to find 4 transactions from Monday which I didn't recognize. All were credit to J&R Music World. I kept remembering the first time I used my new debit card, and the woman behind the counter put it in as credit card and then said, "oh, it will go through, I don't want to do it again." I started imagining her lazy ass now using my card all over the place... anyhow, I called the bank and got one of those nice customer service guys with the Texan accent (we've moved lots of jobs there) and he was really nice and then put me on hold as he was trying to do something with the comptuer and I looked back on the bank's page proper, and none of those transactions were with J&R. Damn fucking MS Money imported them wrong - and all of them were valid transactions over the weekend that were just booked on Monday. I'm tired - it doesn't feel like I was at Barnes & Noble just three days ago, okay? Anyhow, I started apologizing to the guy and he was really nice and said not to worry, and it's excellent that I track things so well, and thanked me for doing business with my employer. (Yeah, well, I had to or they wouldn't give me direct deposit for payroll.) I hung up the phone and started bawling. Why? Because someone was nice to me? Because I was all freaked out about something I didn't need to be, and crying released the tension? Or because I'm just tired tired tired? I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page