Saturday, January 08, 2005

Inspiration Week

When I was in college, all of the fraternities and sororities ended their pledge season with something known as "Hell Week" - except mine. We were, by reputation, the nice, smart, fat (though that became less of an association during my 3 years in residence - not to my credit of course), goody-goody girls. The fact that we called our Hell Week "Inspiration Week" didn't help. It was a rule of our national governing body, and since we were the only one of the three sororities who was national, actually having rules to follow was another thing that set us apart, and not in a good way.

Anyhow, yeah. Where was I? Hell week, seriously. Everybody back from vacation and suddenly ready to work - start the new year off with a bang. Actually, most of the teams I work with wanted to start the new year off with a long planning meeting, and since I am straddling two jobs currently, it also meant I was going to at least twice as many meetings. And then, my boss got really sick, so I was sorta covering for her, too, at least on a couple of major projects. And, then, of course, there's the co-worker who is going to get laid off but doesn't know it, but I do, because I'm going to inherit her workload (at least temporarily) and my boss confides in me because she considers me a member of her management team now. (Despite the fact that all I manage is an open job req.) So, skipping all the boring details? Hell. Exhaustion.

Will try to relax today, but seriously need to clean (company coming tonight) and run the usual errands. And, seriously? Get to the gym. I won't let the second half of this week become the pattern - heavy workload takes over exercise time. No.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page