Sunday, January 23, 2005

Still snowing

I think it is, although most of the snow outside my window is moving sideways and even up. So it might be the wind. The street is not plowed right now - though it's been driven on. I live on a fairly major Brooklyn street - buses, trucks, etc. come by regularly. It's almost completely silent this morning, though in the distance I hear the "beep-beep" of a truck backing up. It's almost musical although I'm sure the driver isn't seeing it that way.

I don't think I'll attempt to go to church today (it's a 15 block walk) but mostly because I might be the only one to show up! I do want to try to get to the gym but I'll call to see if they are open later. For now, it's me and my computer, home alone.

According to urban legend, there is a spike in births nine months after a blizzard (or blackout) keeps people homebound. For us single folk, just a flurry of blog entries.

I keep turning my head to look out the window. It's mesmerizing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page