Saturday, January 08, 2005

Stupid Poll

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
I went to a foreign country with a group of strangers
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't like resolutions (doesn't everyone say that about now?) but I always set goals. No, I didn't get published, but I did focus more on my writing, and I did find a job. (Not sure if that was a goal, but I WAS unemployed last January.)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! I have a new neice, and a new nephew! Plus a handful of friends also have new babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my great aunt.
5. What countries did you visit?
Belize.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Publication credits. A bonus.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The babies' birthdays, the Belize trip, my first official day at work.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving up caffeine. Actually, scratch that, it's still the Belize thing.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Same old.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
i-Pod mini.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The many people who focused on protesting the war, etc.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed disgusted?
The loser in the white house.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Cobra.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Belize.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
None in particular.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) same b)fatter c) richer (I was unemployed, remember)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Before I started working again, I should have written more and worked more shifts at the coop to fill up my bank.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating. Eating.
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
This question obviously dates this survey and points out what a procrastinator I really am.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
No.
22. How many one-night stands?
None.
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Nothing really dislodges The Amazing Race (though Jonathan is trying), but Lost definitely has been my new favorite show.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate? Nah. No longer speaking to? Yup. But, sadly, she's the one that stopped speaking to me. So maybe I'm the hated in her book. Dunno.
25. What was the best book you read?
I read so many, and can't remember when I read them. Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night? Definitely up there.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
i-Tunes. The Garden State soundtrack.
28. What did you want and not get?
Love.
29. What was your favourite film of 2004?
Sideways, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Maria of Grace.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was busy preparing for the Belize trip. I was the same age as I am today.
31.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Love.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
If it fits, wear it. Seriously, the new office is dressier so I've gone shopping a bit - very much a Jones NY type of year.
33. What kept you sane?
the internet
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmm... not sure how to Americanize that - which did I have a crush on, or which did I idolize? I tend to hate anyone who's in the public eye for stupid reasons or for too long. That's pretty much all of them. I don't care about Nick and Jessica. I have no interest in Britney's wedding or whether or not she wears shoes in gas station restrooms.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election.
36. Who did you miss?
My great aunt. JFK and JFK, Jr. - I got a copy of the old comedy album, First Family, made by JFK impressionist Vaughan Meader in 1962. We had it when I was a kid, so I remember some of the jokes. Today it's shiveringly poignant - especially one sketch, with Jackie and Jack in 1996, reflecting on their lives.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
People in my new office.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Find joy.
39. What can you predict for 2005?
Bush will fuck something up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page