Monday, February 07, 2005

Hack, hack

So somebody in my building (or within 300 feet - how far is that? two buildings?) has a wireless network that isn't password protected, which means I can steal their internet connection. Pretty cool, but scary - I'm not sure how exactly to make myself not vulnerable to them or anyone else who might be illegally sharing this network. I put up the windows firewall - is that enough? It's my laptop, my travel/writing computer, so contains no personal financial info, and I won't use it to buy anything, etc. but still... imagine if a hacker stole my novel and sold it for megabucks. Ha!

It doesn't work in the front room, just in the back. Maybe it's someone on the street behind me. Hello, there, friend with broadband. Thanks for letting me tag along.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page