Saturday, February 12, 2005

Tit for Tat?

I took a vacation day yesterday, just because. Turned out someone else in my office did, too, just as last minute - I wonder if she's interviewing. Sadly, I was not. I wanted to just have a day off, to test my wireless connection in Starbucks, etc. My foot felt better enough to clean the fishtank and mop the kitchen floor, and then I showered and got ready to leave the apartment. Had the boot on (midway prep point between bra and coat) when the phone rang - TWC would be there in 10 minutes. Okay. They told me Saturday, not Friday, so good think I hadn't gone to work, huh?

So the guy replaced the outside wires - said I was going through a splitter with another user, but since there is no record of who that other one is, he just cut them off. I think that's what he said, it was confusing. Anyway, I am not having problems now but, again again again, the true test comes a month from now when I think, wow, I've gone a month without a problem!

Interesting coincidence or side effect - I no longer can access via the linksys wireless connection I was "stealing" from. The signal is still strong, but the speed is minimal and it just doesn't reach any web pages and finally times out. I tried a weaker signal, and that worked (but was slow) and tried both cable modem and dialup, and all worked, so it's not my notebook. I can't really troubleshoot if someone else's wireless network isn't working, but I'm curious if said person was the one sharing my internet connection. Wouldn't it be divine justice if they were stealing my cable all along, considering I've been stealing space on their wireless network?

Well, not divine. I've had three months of TWC hell, and only a week of stolen wireless access.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page