Sunday, May 01, 2005

Overheard

I'm sure I'm not the only person who has felt that entire stories could be written using just the bits of conversation overheard on cell phones. But now I've discovered a website that's capturing some of the best tidbits (as well as non-cell conversations between people in public): Overheard in New York

It took me awhile to get used to people walking down the street talking on a hands-free headset; without the crooked arm and flash of silver at the ear, they just look like any other crazy person talking to themselves. Especially the ones who stare right at you as they talk. But what's scarier, now that I've gotten used to that, is when I pass an actual crazy person who is rambling on to himself, and I assume he's on a headset until I get closer and the little bit of natural fear and recoil comes rushing back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page