Thursday, July 28, 2005

Molti Sopranos

Other trailers I passed today had doors marked "Bridesmaid," "Priest," and "Jamaican Nurse" along with a bunch other character names. Seems to me we have a wedding next season on "The Sopranos." Now, not being a regular viewer, I don't know if this is a spoiler, or if a character is already engaged/planning a wedding. But the last set of trailers was in front of the big Catholic church down the block.

Now that I'm on the subject, let me grouse for a minute. I know several people (pseudo friends) who pronounce it "Soprahhhnos" (like the word "on") which always sounds stupid to me. No NJ Italian American is going to talk like that, right? I can't really correct them because I don't watch the show enough to have any credibility with them. But I do watch HBO and see the commercials, and the announcers say it the way I do - "Sopraaaaanos", (like the word "ran.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page