Monday, August 29, 2005

40 Year Old Virgin

"40 Year Old Virgin" is a funny movie. No, really. I wasn't sure either - it has that quasi-"Deuce Bigalow" vibe in its marketing, but rest assured it's a thousand times better. (Estimate only - I admit I didn't see "Deuce Bigalow." But this film is a thousand times better than I imagine the other was.) For once in a really long time, there are more jokes in the film than had been in the trailer - and the best ones weren't already given away!

I was set up to love it because it's written by Judd Apatow - whose "Undeclared" tv series is Amazon-ing its way to me as we speak.

Catherine Keener is one of the actresses who can do no wrong in my book. She's the perfect combination of hot and awkward and smart and quirky. I think she and Maggie Gyllenhaal should play sisters in something. (Although Catherine Keener boffed Jake Gyllenhaal in "Lovely & Amazing" so it's getting incestuous.)

1 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

" (But this film is a thousand times better than I imagine the other was)"
I'm not a movie goer, but that made me ROFLMAO

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page