Monday, August 15, 2005

The Aristo - oh, crap

Blog Explosion has listed my blog as containing some profanity because I used the F word a few posts below. (Yeah, that's how profane I am usually - I say "the F word" without irony.) Oh, well - if someone actually blocks sites that allow any profanity (which is different from adult sites) I probably don't care if they skip me.

Ah, but it's been a profanity-laden weekend. Movie #3 of the Heat Wave Week was "The Aristocrats." A nice, full, yuppie/artsy crowd (my neighborhood breeds good cinema partners) on a brutally hot afternoon. The movie was funny. Now, I'm not saying the "joke" itself that the movie is about is that funny - it's crude and offensive and can be dull in the repetitive telling (despite the endless varieties.) The funny is the comedians themselves - the way the talk about the joke (before the tell it), the way they make each other laugh, the glee in which they attack this joke to try to make it their very own. Some are really funny. But you know, once you accept that the middle of the joke is designed to be as offensive as possible, it really isn't all that shocking. In fact, I think the Comedy Central Roast of Pamela Anderson last night was just as vulgar - and it had many of the same comics. (Sarah Silverman & Lisa Lampanelli - hilarious in both.)

The only thing I didn't get was why the mime (who suprisingly had one of the funniest tellings of the joke) had on a body mike. Anyone out there care to explain that one to me?

1 Comments:

Blogger medusa said...

No one - I was averaging 2 or 3 visitors a day. Since I started with Blog Explosion yesterday, I've had 150 visitors. So, yeah, 75 extra visitors a day might not mean a lot if you're getting thousands, but for me the increase can rightly be called an "explosion!"

I'm curious, though, if you didn't find me via Blog Explosion, how did you?

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page