Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My ship coming in?

I had a job interview yesterday, the first one in weeks that wasn't during 95 degree weather. It was actually nice, and I almost didn't mind that I had to wear a suit and pantyhose. Almost. I took the subway, only to discover that the stop I wanted was closed (not just closed - closed until next February! Yikes!) and I had to walk several blocks more on the unfamiliar streets before reaching my destination. In heels. Luckily, I am a nervous nellie about time, and so I got there super early even with the delay.

I sat outside for a bit to cool down and relax. The company is one of those in the World Financial Center downtown, across from Ground Zero, and along the water. If I worked there, I could step outside at lunch time and watch boats go by. It's easy to forget that you're on an island in NYC - or that we are a port city - so it's nice to be reminded.

I didn't have such a positive feeling after the interview - actually, I was convinced that I'd blown it, that my answers to some of the questions were transparent crap, and it depressed me. But... not to count chickens, but I actually got feedback this morning that indicates just the opposite. So we shall see.

2 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

isnt it funny how sometimes our inner radar is so totally off? maybe you were so calm & calculated it didn't seem good to you, but to them it did. well, anyways, i hope you get the job.

8:29 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

thanks! hopefully I'll find out more next week.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page