Friday, September 02, 2005

Enough

Last night I had major computer problems, cable modem problems, cable tv problems... all sort of at the same time. Not sure if they are all related (the cable modem is okay right now, evidenced by the laptop I'm using which is connected to it via wireless router - but the desktop computer can't access the internet or email at all.) I kept waking up and thinking of ways to fix them and not being able to fall asleep again.

This morning I was overtired and became easily overwhelmed by the tv news coverage of the hurricane. I stopped my usual dressing routine to stare and cry. I felt like a basket case all day - a co-worker and I tried to talk about it, but I kept tearing up. We got wind of a story of the unique way a client service team is reaching out to clients down south, and I started to bawl.

But I have to stop being so self-absorbed, it's not about me. I can cry myself to sleep in my comfy bed next to my private bathroom, half-full refrigerator, running water, air conditioner, working telephone... I don't have cable tv or reliable internet access - what a baby.

Okay, what really pisses me off are all the conservative bloggers who are accusing the "bleeding heart liberals" of making this political and ignoring the human suffering by taking advantage of the opportunity to bash the government. Well, now that Bush has stated that he thinks the government is failing the people in this crisis, maybe they'll just shut up already. It's not just a bunch of people pointing fingers, it's the fucking mayor of New Orleans having to ask the feds to "get their asses" down there. It's not about blame, it's about inaction.

I don't know how anyone isn't be moved by that guy's words. Even the stone-hearted Republicans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page