Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me

Lately I haven't been sleeping well. It's the same old story - I can fall asleep quickly and easily, but I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get to sleep again. Last night I was up from about 2 to 4:30.

Since I only have 2 days left in my current job, and nobody is standing there with a whip or a time clock, I've been lazing around and going in when I feel like it. (That really hasn't been as bad as it sounds - I got there at 9:06 yesterday instead of my usual 8:30.) Once I managed to fall asleep again, I figured I'd just sleep as long as I could and not care.

And then, 6:45, my phone rings in the other room. I should answer it - nobody calls at that time of morning, so it has to be important - but I'm half awake and fully annoyed and cursing. So I let it go, and then toss and turn for a few minutes only to discover sleep is not coming back.

Up, to the bathroom, to the kitchen to get breakfast, picking up the phone on the way. Voicemail. Who is it? Who called me at this ungodly hour? It's one of my friends, calling from half way around the world, to wish me a happy birthday!

Now that isn't a bad thing to wake up to.

2 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

happy birthday to YOU!!!!!

wishing you a wonderful day & an absolutely fantastic year!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

Thank you!!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page