Sunday, September 04, 2005

Wandering Wall


I pass a construction site on my way to and from work every day (or at least I will for the next two weeks.) On the familiar blue painted wood that surrounds the deep pit, instead of the usual posters advertising clubs and music releases, etc., someone coordinated a series of painted murals. I don't know who did them - I came by each morning for a week or so and saw the progression of layers of paint, of section after section with very distinct approaches, but I never saw an artist. Maybe they were from area schools? I don't know. But they decorated my walk in a very unique and pleasurable way.

I never took a picture of the entire wall when it was completed, and now I won't be able to. Last week something happened that caused the workers to take down the panels and put them back up again in the WRONG ORDER. Though, it's pretty interesting this way, too - almost like one of those plastic puzzles with the sliding pieces that you rearrange to get the real picture.

Here's a closeup of one of the sections.

3 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

that picture is a trip. the head part looks like a skateboarder until you realize it's coming out of that BODY! how cool though that they have that instead of a bland fence. you should find out why they had to change it. maybe it violated some copyright? lol
who knows huh?

2:03 AM  
Blogger medusa said...

I imagine it had something to do with getting large equipment inside - or getting it out!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Marit Cooper said...

I just love this stuff, who ever the artist is he/she should let the world know. In Malmö Sweden I took some pictures of grafitti on one particular wall. It changed from day to day, like some kind of weird game. I wondered about the rules, who paints over who's masterpiece? If a particular image is left for weeks, does that show the respect of fellow artists?

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page