Monday, September 12, 2005

Yes. No. Yes. No.


I realize that anyone reading the last two posts would think me a bit schizoid - I talk about not being a person who prays, and then that I was moved by going to church yesterday. Well, it's the Unitarian church - which isn't all about praying, or even necessarily about god. Church members include atheists, secular humanists, and many others with varying beliefs. For me it's a place to sit and think, to listen to interesting discussions, to hear beautiful music (and pretend that I am contributing to it - my voice is "ouch"), to explore ideas about my own life, and to connect with my community. Some Sundays are more resonant than others - yesterday's happened to be so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page