Friday, September 30, 2005

Zzzzzz

My new job is exhausting me. Not that I'm working tremendously hard, yet, I am actually mostly sitting around reading stuff and trying to learn. I even had two days of orientation which resulted in that familiar dead-brain feeling from too many hours in one conference room, sitting and listening to voices drain on and on.

I went out last night to dinner with some friends and lost it at about 8:15 - mind shut down, legs began to cramp, eyes were burning, yawns couldn't stop. This morning was tough. I miss caffeine. I had some decaf tea (hot! as it's freezing in this office, likely due to the recent temp change as everyone around me is remarking on how it's not usually like this) but it's not the same. Need energy!

This will be a good weekend to sleep in!

(Spellcheck doesn't like the abbrieviation "decaf" but offers "deceive" and "teacup" as alternatives. Sometimes the alternatives are more fun than the reality. "I'd like to be deceived by my teacup, please.")

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two days of orientation is bad but not as bad as the postal service. Two days orentation + 2 days of carrier training + 1 day of driving education. Then 3 days of on the job training.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Tony Miranda said...

Dear Wandering Medusa,

This may solve your "Need Energy!" quest:

http://revvida.blogspot.com/

Have a great day.

3:16 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

thanks, tony miranda, but I am not allowed to have caffeine, so if revvida has it, it's not for me. thanks for the idea though!

3:34 PM  
Blogger jane said...

blogger spellcheck really sucks sometimes. they don't have some of the most common words. why did you get off caffiene? i quit drinking coffee cuz its bad for diabetics, but recently, well....i'm drinking 1/2 regular coffee & 1/2 decaf. so its like my toes are hangin off the tip of the diving board, but i haven't got wet yet. :)

11:41 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

Jane, I havevarious health issues (acid reflux, hietal hernia, etc.) that prohibit drinking caffeine. Believe me, I was a huge coffee addict - giving it up was much harder than quitting smoking. I was going to tell you that if you're on half-caf you're not just dangling near the pool, you're up to your waist in it! But I guess that depends on whether the pool water is caffeine addiction, or a caffeine-free existence! (I'm confusing even myself.)

2vamp - someday I want to write an entire story (poem?) using the suggestions that spell check offers for words it doesn't know.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page