Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rainy Saturday

It's raining and I'm loving it. I really want to spend the weekend inside, cleaning and being generally a layabout. Nice days bring too much pressure to "get out and enjoy the nice weather!"

But here I am a few minutes later, and feel the need to escape my apartment. I live near a multitude of bakeries (so don't know who to blame this on, or even if there is only one culprit) and almost daily the neighborhood is filled with a strong burnt smell... like sugar or something dripping to the bottom of an oven and charring into a gooey mess. It smells horrible. It blows into my apartment and I can't get away from it. It gives me a headache and destroys all of the good feeling I get from having the windows wide open to enjoy the clean rainy breeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page