Saturday, October 22, 2005

Things that make you go "Ewww"

It's a rainy weekend and I have a slew of movies I want to see. Last weekend, I had company from out of town so I didn't make it to a film but I did watch "Birth" on DVD Sunday night. You might remember it from its lousy reviews - Nicole Kidman plays a widow who meets a 10 year old boy claiming to be the reincarnation of her dead husband. I like to think there might be a director/writer who could have done this well, and a pair of actors who could have pulled it off without causing the viewer to cringe. Sadly, none of them were involved in this film.

I think Nicole Kidman is becoming a bad actress in direct proportion to her growing reliance on plastic surgery. It makese sense, doesn't it? As her face tightens she loses the ability to express herself. I mean, do we really know what Michael Jackson is thinking?

There's a trailer playing right now which looks as horridly inappropriate as Nicole Kidman bathing naked with a seductive 10 year old. I'm talking about Steve Martin's Shop Girl, in which he apparently romances Claire Danes. Can we say it together? Ewwwww. First time I saw the trailer I was shocked when I realized where it was going. He's not just old enough to be her father, he's old enough to be her grandfather. Yes, I know it's the same age difference as Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanssen in "Lost in Translation," but that wasn't an overt romance. If they had actually done anything, I probably would have hated that film, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page