Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Birthday!

I started this one year ago yesterday. My first post was written after I walked home from the candlelight Christmas Eve service. What a difference a year makes: the fabulous minister who drew me (and countless others) to that church as been driven out by a handful of people who didn't like his style. (He could have stayed, but chose to leave rather than continue to cause disruption in the congregation.) He has been replaced by an interim minister (two years!) who has all but driven me out by her frequent inclusion of God in the service. Yes, dear friends, I'm turned off by my new minister because she talks about God in church. We Unitarians are funny folk.

The music is still beautiful, and I still pretend that I can sing - it's better than singing in the shower because in church I am surrounded by voices much better than mine and I fantasize I am one of them.

So Happy Birthday, Wandering Medusa.

Oh, and Merry Christmas. Yes, I'm an atheist who celebrates Christmas, in the most secular sense. Family, presents, good food, smiles. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

Salutations of the season, Medusa. I hope that the holiday brings you everything that you want.

All the best.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page