Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Struck Home

Working from home is a little boring. Never thought I'd say that, but it is. Maybe because I'm in my home environment, sitting at the desk where I do the stuff I want to do with my own laptop, but instead in front of the work laptop doing stuff that isn't as fun. I want to play Granny in Paradise, but that is on my own laptop. I could scan some photos but again, scanning software is on the machine lying quiet on my bed. I don't have room on my desk for two laptops.

Yesterday felt like a Saturday - the sidewalks were full, people were festive, restaurants offered weekend brunch menus. A one day strike would have been a mini adventure. Today it's quieter - more people must have decided to attempt to get into Manhattan and their offices.

I am thinking of walking across the Brooklyn Bridge tomorrow although I'll be one of the few in my office. Still, it will be a change of pace. And scenery.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

You seem to be taking it pretty well :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

I'm very lucky - I have a job that's super flexible and it's the time of the year that everyone is taking off, anyway. I might be singing a different song if this doesn't end by Sunday, as it will greatly impact my ability to go to my family Christmas, but... I still know it's worse for other people.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page