Sunday, January 08, 2006

2005 Films

Yeah, I'm going to do it. I've been throwing my opinions at you all year about the films I see, so why not summarize while all the other blowhards are doing their top lists? There is, of course, one difference between them and me: they get paid to see all movies, and I only see those I think will be interesting. So films like "King Kong" and "March of the Penguins" are not on my list because nothing about them interests me. Other films I want to see but haven't yet, (like "Walk the Line") or missed in theaters but can't yet get on DVD, (like "Junebug," though it's out this week) are also missing.

1. Crash
2. Syriana
3. Constant Gardener
4. History of Violence
5. Hustle & Flow
6. 40 Year Old Virgin
7. Upside of Anger
8. Capote
9. Aristocrats
10. Mad Hot Ballroom (My list is based on what I enjoyed. This is not a great film, but I loved it more than those below it on the list.)
11. The Squid & the Whale
12. Match Point
13. Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
14. Pride & Prejudice
15. Brokeback Mountain
16. Me & You & Everyone We Know (Why do so many of these films have "&" in them?)
17. Happy Endings
18. Good Night & Good Luck
19. Proof

.... we're in mediocre territory now...
20. Rent (Sob! - disappointment - it should be higher. It just wasn't that good; it's only this high because I still love the music.)
21. Melinda & Melinda
22. Everything is Illuminated (Another disappointment. Great book, movie didn't do it justice.)
23. Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (Wonka's backstory, which I hated, is what my niece loved best. Oh well. It wasn't made for my demographic.)
24. Fever Pitch (Because Drew Barrymore is always charming enough to make me sit through even the most trite film - otherwise it'd be even lower)
25. Wedding Crashers (Too much hype, didn't live up to it for me)
26. Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (Yawning still)
27. Broken Flowers (Bill Murray, please have an emotion next time, thanks)

...now the really bad...
28. Flight Plan
29. November
30. The Interpreter
31. Spanglish
32. Just Like Heaven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page