Wednesday, January 11, 2006

ABCs of Me

Had fun reading others, maybe someone will have fun reading mine.

A - Accent
People always say, you don't sound like you're from Brooklyn. Maybe that's because I grew up in upstate NY? Of course, I've met a lot of people from other parts of the country (& world) who don't realize that you can be from New York and not the city.

B - Breakfast Item
Clif Bar, Toffee Peanut Buzz flavor.

C - Chocolate or chips?
Always salty over sweet. My mom used to put pepperoni in my stocking instead of chocolate because I loved it so much more.

D - Dad's Name
Same as my brother's.

E - Essential everyday item
Chapstick or lip balm.

F - Favorite film
I think we've covered this.

G - Gold or Silver
Always silver. I think gold makes me look crass.

H - Hometown
NYC. I've lived in Brooklyn for 12 years, before that Queens for 5. The longest I'd been in one home before that was 4 1/2 years. Neither of my parents lives in a place where I grew up, so I when I visit them I'm never "going home." Also, some of my ancestors were among those who first settled NYC - there is a statue in Battery Park honoring my ancestor.

I - Icecream flavor
No ice cream, but would sometimes kill for Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked (choc chip cookie dough & brownie) frozen yogurt.

J - Job
Yup.

K- Kids
Nope.

L - Living arrangements
Alone, with fish.

M - Mom's Birthplace
Near an army base, where Grandma met Grandpa. He was in Europe fighting WWII when she was born.

N - Number of significant others you've ever had
Define significant. Okay, I've had several good relationships, but I don't think ever "the one." (That's way harder to admit than I'd thought.)

O - Overnight hospital stays
Seven years old, one week, eye injury. I wore a patch and people brought me presents.

P - Phobia
Mice. Heights. Deep water. Oh, did you want just one?

Q - Queer
No, but many of my friends are.

R - Rock or pop
I'm too old for pop.

S - Siblings
Yes - both birth and step.

T - Time you wake up
5:30-6:00, no matter when or where I am. Haven't used an alarm in a long time.

U - Unnatural hair colors you've worn
I don't know my natural color, it's been that long. I think by now it's 100% gray (my mom was gray at 29, so I know where I get it.) The roots definitely come in that way. In the 80's I used a lot of henna and can see now in pictures how horribly brassy I looked in the sun.

V - Vegetable you refuse to eat
I don't think there are any. Not a big corn on the cob fan, but corn is more starchy than most anyway.

W - Worst habit
Procrastinating.

X - X-rays you've had
Just in the last year: chest x-ray, ankle.

Y - Yummy
Still stuck on Ben & Jerry's. (It's close to lunch time here.) Boys? David Duchovny's my type - tall, thin, brunette, slightly geeky.

Z - Zodiac sign
Virgo. (Isn't it painfully obvious?)

1 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

David Duchovny?

I cannot see it myself, but my lady certainly has been moved by him at times...

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page