Sunday, January 15, 2006

In bed with Opie

Last night I fell asleep to a DVD of "Arrested Development" and then dreamed that I was in bed with Ron Howard. He'd come into my room (although it wasn't this room, this apartment) because he'd heard his voice as the narrator. I started to tell him how weird that was that I was playing that DVD and he happened to walk by just then, but we were both tired and so he just crawled into bed with me and we fell back asleep.

It struck me (the awake me) that three of my favorite TV shows have voiceovers. (In this year of horrendous TV, that's practically a majority of the shows I even watch.) "Veronica Mars," "Arrested Development," "Scrubs." No, "Desperate Housewives," with its dead Mary Alice narration, is not on the list, and that's intentional. I've grown to despise that show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

I feel that I should despise "Desperate Housewives" as well, even though I have never seen it.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page