Thursday, January 19, 2006

Yippee!

Kind of a lousy day at work, nothing major, just some boring meetings, feeling like I'm behind on stuff, etc. Took the bus home instead of the subway because I just didn't feel like going underground. The bus adds only about 5 minutes to my commute, but sometimes I just want to be able to see the city as I pass through it. This one goes over the Manhattan Bridge so on a clear night like tonight you can see the Brooklyn Bridge all lit up against the lights of the downtown buildings.

Better mood, got home, picked up my mail, and BEST MOOD. I received an honorable mention in a short story contest I entered. They said some nice things in the letter, too! I'd put the link to their site here, so you could see my name listed, but that would ruin that careful screen of anonymity I've built around this blog.

Haha.

1 Comments:

Blogger madabandon said...

congratulations!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page