Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Well

I had lunch today with a woman I haven't seen in a while. We met at work, used to sit right next to each other, and now we both work for the same comany again, although in different departments in different buildings in completely different parts of town and never cross paths. It was the strangest lunch - I felt like the whole conversation was in some other language, and I didn't quite get where she was coming from half of the time. I'm not sure what we had in common in the past, because even when we talked about our shared history we had different memories of it. ("Who? I don't think I ever knew him.")

As a wise woman often says, friendships have a shelf life. Sometimes you just have to admit there's not much there any more, even when that makes you sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page