Sunday, March 19, 2006

32! Hip-hop Hurray!

As of this morning, I've lost 32 lbs. That is in 15 weeks of controlled eating and increased exercise. Not bad, eh? I'm pretty psyched. I'm in a good place now, where I don't have to overthink my daily routine: I know what to eat, I like what I eat, I don't feel inordinately hungry, and I even find myself looking forward to the gym. And missing it when I can't go (as when I had to travel this week.)

So now I have lost enough weight that my clothes are falling off. That's a good problem to have, people always say, and don't worry, it is. The only thing is that I'm not done losing, so the size I now find myself in is a transitional size and I don't want to invest too much money in replacing my wardrobe until I'm where I want to be. I bought a couple of inexpensive pants last weekend and am wearing them to death, because even though I own some skirts that I now fit into, it's been too cold to wear skirts. Spring can't come soon enough!

But, yeah, I had to stop wearing my old pants. I looked like a hip-hop kid, with my waistband constantly falling down around my butt, showing off my undies. I don't know how they walk without losing their pants completely.

Somewhere I read that the saggy baggy look is a homage to prison, where you're forced to wear the clothes they give you, and they never fit. I've also heard that the trend (less common in recent years) of rolling up only one pant leg is another prison thing, although I don't know exactly what that is. Anyone? I used to think it was bike messenger chic.

1 Comments:

Blogger medusa said...

Thank you!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page