Monday, March 06, 2006

How I Did

My picks for "Will Win": 5 out of 8 major categories correct
My picks for "Should Win": 6 out of 8 correct
Number of actual awards presented in the 8 major categories that weren't my picks either way: 0 out of 8

Too bad I'm not the betting type. Although it's clear that I should trust my own taste. The first two major awards I saw given, the supporting actor awards, were given to George Clooney and Rachel Weisz, both of whom I really wanted to win but didn't have any faith actually would.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I'm guessing that Philip Seymour Hoffman didn't bark, or it would be all over the morning news right now. I'm disappointed. What's the point of making outlandish bets if you toss them aside when you're forced to come through? His pals better have a really big double dare lined up for him.

I thought I was a Jon Stewart fan, but hmmm. Jokes about Bjork? Cheney? Sweatpants on the red carpet? Poor guy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

I got 5 out of 8 as well. So did somebody else I know.

I wish I had done a should win, but I didn't. "Crash" would have been my choice, but I cannot prove it.

4:21 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

I believe you!

Whenever I've hosted Oscar parties (in my wild youth) I've always had two betting pools - "should" and "will" because people usually have two different slates.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page