Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Literally?

Either Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the woefully large number of people who misuse the word "literally," or he really meant to say that he shit his pants on stage at the Kodak theater.

Philip Seymour Hoffman reneged on a bet when he won the Academy Award for best actor for his role in "Capote."

Years before his award-winning turn, he bet his college friends that if he ever won an Oscar he would bark (yes, like a dog) during his acceptance speech.

Backstage, he said he considered barking a few lines at the end.
But "I literally lost all control of my bowels up there," he said.

Hoffman's college friend, Steve Shoe, has told reporters in recent weeks he would make Hoffman pay if he didn't bark.

And what does Hoffman think Shoe will do to him? "I think he's going to give me a big fat hug."


I don't know what disturbs me more - Hoffman ruining his tux or not knowing what's literal and what's figurative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page