Thursday, May 11, 2006

Where is she?

On the weekdays when I go to the gym in the morning, I walk a slightly different route to the subway than usual. Yet every single time I pass the same woman coming in the other direction. You can't miss her - she looks to be in her late 60's (judging by her face and her gait), yet dresses as if she's in her 20's. Short black mini skirts, black hose, stack-heeled black pumps. Her hair is bleached blonde and hangs straight around her face in a direct contrast to the coiffed and curled blue-hairs who are her contemporaries. Did I mention how silly she looks? I think she might look older because she's so out of sync. The lines on her face would not appear so startling if she had different clothes on.

So, yeah, she's strange and I'm a critical bitch, but today when I didn't pass her I felt strangely worried. Where is she? Did something happen to her? Maybe she's on vacation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

Maybe when she looks in the mirror she sees somebody beautiful.

4:55 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

I guess I am a bitch. But, really, it's not just me - this woman gets stares everywhere. Imagine Baby Jane going to work as a legal secretary and you'll have an idea.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page