Friday, June 09, 2006

Apples to Apples

I have rediscovered a love for apples, a longing I haven't had since I was a kid and lived next to an apple orchard and in the autumn breathed daily the sweet sharp smell of fallen fruit. The best time to eat an apple then was right from the tree, which we did, despite the dire warnings from our parents that they were coated thick with pesticides. (We rubbed them on our jeans and felt confident we were safe.)

Now they taste the best when I buy them at the produce market on the way home from the gym, and slip one from the bag as I walk down the sidewalk, the apple sweet and crisp in my mouth as the sweat cools from my tired body. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page