Monday, July 31, 2006

Hot enough for ya?

I was away again this past weekend, returning to the blasted heat. Being at work in the super a/c is actually something to look forward to.

I had to say goodbye to some family members who are moving cross country. It sucks. I want to go ahead and make flight reservations to visit them in October, but I guess I should wait until they are settled into new home and jobs and know their schedules... one of them is only two. Do you know how hard it is to miss big chunks of time in a two-year old's life? And it might be for a long long time.

It also was a family reunion. It was the first time this particular group was together in many many years - a grandmother and her brother, four of her children, some of their children. There were at least six pairings of people who have at some time stopped speaking to each other for long periods - one as long as seven years, the mending of which was the real reason behind the party. There were no obvious fireworks, although this side of the family doesn't do public fights, but sits and grimaces and burns with inner resentments that will spill out later on long phone conversations behind the other's back. So much to look forward to! I need caller id so I can avoid everyone for the next week or so.

I can leave work now but I don't want to go out into the heat. I have so much to do, though - buy groceries, drop off laundry, pick up dry cleaning etc. All the weekend stuff that I missed.

I saw "Scoop" when I got back last night, because I needed to sit in the a/c. (I have one, but only in my bedroom, and I get stir crazy hanging out in my bedroom all the time.) But I'll write about it later. I just realized I need to get to the bank before it closes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page