Thursday, August 24, 2006

And another.

A grief counselor came to our office and met with groups of employees. He was an Israeli who had spent several years in the middle east dealing with hostage situations and post-traumatic stress syndromes. He said he'd never seen anything as horrible as what was happening in NYC.

We went around the room, and each spoke. I can't remember if he asked us to think of something positive, but I said that I was somewhat comforted that everyone seemed sure that Al Qaeda was behind the attacks. (This was before they claimed responsibility.) It was a relief to think that there weren't that many others who could possibly hate us so much. I received a few strange looks when I said that, either because I was incredibly naive or because nobody else thought that way. I don't know. Maybe I was naive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page