Monday, August 21, 2006

Another.

I had an early morning meeting on Sept. 11, 2001, in an office that was about seven blocks from my own. The meeting was interrupted when someone came to tell us about the second plane hitting the tower and we all ran to another conference room that had windows facing south, where we could see the billows of smoke pouring from both in the distance. I practically ran through the streets to my own office building, holding back from crying until I realized how many others were rushing past in sobs. I passed clumps of people around parked cabs, whose doors were flung open and radio volumes turned high, waiting for someone to tell them what was happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page