Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Another.

My boss was one of the only ones not glued to a phone or the tv we'd rolled into an empty office and turned to the local CBS station (the only one still broadcasting, as the others had transmitted from the top of the twin towers.) He yelled at his admin when she told him his mother was calling to see if he was okay. "I'm fine, tell her I don't have time to talk to her." He called me into his office and started talking about a project he wanted me to work on. He saw the blank look on my face and said quietly, "I know this seems crazy to you, but this is how I cope. I have to fill my brain with work. You can ignore everything I'm saying, forget it as soon as you walk out of this room, but let me keep at it." It was the closest I saw him express any emotion over what was happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page