Sunday, August 13, 2006

I hate Blockbuster.

Not for the usual reasons - that they have a pitifully small collection of independent films, are often accused of censorship for they way they edit (or influence distributors to edit) films to remove objectionable material, etc., or are another big impersonal chain killing mom-and-pop businesses (like the big bookseller in "You've Got Mail," although in that movie - a comedy! - the big guy won and the small independent bookstore was crushed, a perfect example of a Hollywood happy ending. God I hate that movie.)

But I digress.

This morning I hate Blockbuster because I am sleeping in the living room while my mom is here, and was woken by two workmen who felt the need to have a boisterous conversation as they checked the air conditioner (or satellite dish, or exhaust system, or whatever) on the roof just a few feet below my window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page