Friday, August 18, 2006

What I did this summer

I had another week filled with family, to cap off a summer filled with family visits (both them to me and me to them), and I'm a bit burnt out. That sounds so mean to say, because individually, yes, I love having here, but cumulatively, I need to clear my head and be alone. Minutes after the last left, I received a phone call, which I let go to voicemail. It was a friend who I haven't spoken to in awhile but I didn't want to call her back because I wasn't ready to give up the silence, to let someone else inside my space again.

Taking time off has made what might have been a quiet summer at work a much busier one, with the same workload crammed into fewer days. It's been a whirlwind the last few days trying to catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page