Thursday, September 07, 2006

Just a few more thoughts as the 5th anniversary approaches.

Returning to work on the following Monday was strange. Everything felt frighteningly the same, and yet profoundly altered. It was hard to get my head around the fact that I was going back to my boring (almost hated) job, and that over 2000 people had just died after going to their jobs. Jobs maybe they hated.

I must have been thinking too much because I didn't notice that I was moving too slowly, blocking a woman pushing onto the train. She slammed into me and I turned and gave her a dirty look. She said, "What's your problem? At least you're alive, at least you didn't die in the twin towers." I was dumbfounded. Who would say that? What if I had lost a husband or a child or a sister?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page