Thursday, September 28, 2006

No, I'm not making this up

I just overhead a co-worker telling to a junior woman on her team (although not a direct report of hers) that she has to do something right away for her, because it has to be done now. The younger woman must have pushed back, but the older said, "No, I have no time. I'm putting out fires right now, you have to take care of this for me."

Forget that there was no "please" or "thank you" or anything said in a tone other than "hop to it, missy." The kicker is that a few minutes later, after the younger walked away, lil' miss thang is on the phone making a manicure/pedicure appointment.

See, if I tried to pull that off in a short story, I'd be told it's too cliche to be believable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page