Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rain


I like rainy days. I like them when they're in the middle of a long weekend, and I can laze around the house and do some cleaning and not feel guilty that I'm not outside enjoying the last bits of sunny summer. I like to lie in bed with a book, lighting a few candles, just enough to read by in the midday gloom. I like the sounds of cars splashing by outside my windows, almost as if I live by the ocean and waves are pounding the shoreline. I like having to put on warm socks for the first time in months, and then curling under a blanket in the living room, with the ceiling fan eerily quiet above me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page