Friday, November 10, 2006

This Life

Yesterday was a beautiful warm day and I decided I would walk home over the Brooklyn Bridge, something I haven't done in awhile. It's great "thinking" time, or in my case, listening to podcasts time. "This American Life" is now a free podcast! (It always available free as streaming audio, but you'd have to pay to download. I like listening as I walk or ride the subway or workout, so prefer the download.) Last time I checked, it was #1 on iTunes. (!!!) You know, I usually feel that I am widely outside the mainstream and then I see something like that and I have to reconsider. Not that most of middle America is downloading podcasts, I guess, but...

Where was I?

Oh, so the biggest impediment to walking home after work has been staying at work later - when I'm walking out at 6 or 6:15, I just want to get home as quickly as possible. The walk is about 1 hour 10 minutes, and of course now it's always dark, which is another factor. When it was summer and bright, walking home meant staying outside and enjoying the sunshine rather than tunneling underground for the subway.

But I really felt good last night, and this morning woke up at 5:15 and thought, hey, it's another nice mild day, why not walk to work? So I did.

I've been ravenous all day though.

But ah, the weekend looms. I love weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page