Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Evidence #54 that morning talk show hosts are stupid.

Matt Lauer, to Helen Mirren, on her winning two Golden Globes for playing Elizabeth I (TV miniseries) and Elizabeth II (Film): "Gee, she's been lucky for you."

To her credit, instead of alerting him to the fact that the two queens were not one and the same, Mirren replied, "Oh, yes, I see, you must mean the name 'Elizabeth,' which has been lucky for me. I suppose if I have a child I'll name it Elizabeth."

Do you think he knows there have been two President Bushes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

Oh, that's just brilliant...

4:07 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

Seriousy. I'm not even sure that Helen Mirren was being nice, but was just responding to what she thought he must have said. I think it didn't dawn on her he could mean anything else because it was inconceivable that an adult person in this day and age (in the "news" business!) could be so clueless.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page