Monday, January 08, 2007

Smells

Who wouldn't be concerned if your entire city reportedly smells like a gas leak? (I cannot confirm, as I am inside, having arrived prior to whatever didn't happen didn't happen.) Maybe it's a huge dead rodent? We once called the gas company because of a gas-like odor in our building, only to be told (after they showed up and investigated, thankfully) that it was likely a dead mouse caught in the walls, because as they decompose, they tend to smell like gas.

Meanwhile, downtown Austin is plagued by dead birds?

This is why I don't know if I can watch a movie like "Children of Men," because the thought that our world is falling apart around us is too frightening for me. Because I can believe it to be a possibility.

2 Comments:

Blogger madabandon said...

I went to Jones Beach on Saturday, that scarily warm January day. There was something frightening to me about the whole experience.

2:13 PM  
Blogger medusa said...

Seriously. I know that just because we're having a warmer than usual winter doesn't prove absolutely global warming (just like a really cold spring won't disprove it), but when it's 70 degrees in January it's hard not to think we're in trouble.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page