Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fatal Attraction

My insomnia, if that's the only thing I can call my inability to sleep past five, has taught me many things. One is that "Fatal Attraction" is on at 4:00 or 4:30 am fairly often. I guess it could help keep your mind off the fact that you can't sleep. (Unless of course you can't sleep because you are fixated on the idea that your partner is having an affair. Or someone is stalking you.)

Today there is a reason I was up at 4:15, and for once not because I fell asleep too early: my nocturnal next-door neighbor came home just then, wearing his snow boots. A year or so ago I left him a note asking if he could walk a bit more quietly when he came home from work (which seems to range from 2 am to 5 am), and it immediately got better. It's understandable that the current sloppy weather (snow, ice, slush) would necessitate wearing heavy boots, but I wish he would take them off before he gets into his bedroom (the room sharing a wall with my own.)

How I can I love living in the city so much and have a hard time with people living so close to me? I'm doomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page