Monday, February 26, 2007

Marty and the Oscar

I always thought living in New York City would be one endless film festival after another, like in all the Woody Allen films, where he's always lined up outside a theater that's showing some esoteric film or another. I'd actually be thrilled with a Woody Allen film festival. Not to say they don't happen, but it isn't quite how I fantasized; they are there, but not often, and you have to find them. One of the best I ever stumbled up on was a Martin Scorsese film festival at Walter Reade Theater in Lincoln Center, about 10 years ago. It was a series of paired films: a film that inspired Scorsese, followed by the film he created with that inspiration. I went to 3 or 4 of the showings, thought it was brilliant. Still remember some of his influences. I love "After Hours" by the way.

Congratulations, Marty, on your Oscar. Finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page