Friday, March 09, 2007

Lock me, please.

I'm developing an OCD-like obsession about my gym locker. After I close my locker and get ready to leave the gym, I find myself walking back to make sure the lock is locked. Sometimes more than once. The other morning I closed the lock, spun around the dial, and told myself that I would definitely remember that I locked it this time, so no need to come back. And then finished buttoning my coat, picked up my bag, walked a few steps, and was floored by the overwhelming need to go back and spin the lock again, just to make sure. It was a physical need, despite my brain telling me that it wasn't necessary. So now I'm acutely aware of it every morning, and so I know to fight the urge, but it's still there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page