Monday, March 19, 2007

Odds and ends.

This morning I stepped onto a subway train, and right on top of a folded $20 bill. I stooped to pick it up and then said stupidly, "Anybody drop a twenty?" And nobody answered. So I held it in my hand until I got off (two stops, about 6 minutes) and then slipped it into my pocket. A good way to start the day, although I did feel as if I were an unsuspecting participant in some kind of ethics experiment - how many people will pocket the $20 without a word, how many will aggressively seek an owner, how many will quietly ask the person closest and then feel satisfied they've researched enough to keep the money guilt free. Okay, I was the last.

* * *

I switched from my regular toilet tank cleansing tablet to the blue one. I'm not sure how I feel about blue toilet water. Even though I think it must be fairly common, I don't think I know anyone that has it. It's still a surprise when I glance into the bowl and see blue.

* * *

Another work dinner. This is what kills my best-laid plans for eating well: free, good food at a restaurant I've always wanted to try.

* * *

I got my wish - the time change has enabled me to sleep past 4:30. This weekend I made it to 7 am and 8 am. The downside is that the alarm now has to wake me up, and 5:30 (on gym days) isn't as easy as it was. I'll never be happy, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page