Thursday, March 22, 2007

Turn the channel

I find it really odd that something that is considered newsworthy on every network's morning news show is what happened on one of their competitor network's previous night's reality show. Yesterday morning, while channel surfing at the gym, I saw NBC and ABC feature bits about Fox's "American Idol" performances the night before. Have they just given up on trying to keep viewers on their own networks? Or is this supposed to assure the viewers that they bring us "real" "news," not just self-serving promotional-lite crap? Oh, wait, they haven't stopped doing that.

I am not an "American Idol" fan, although I'll have it on in the background while I work on my computer or clean or something (if nothing else is on) because I don't mind the music. (Usually. Sometimes it's pretty hard to listen to, and I don't mean the early purposely-bad auditions, which I never watch, but the final rounds, where the performers are ostensibly talented, but there are always a handful who aren't.) I've never voted for a contestant. But then again, I've never bought a lottery ticket, either. I know, I'm a freak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page