Friday, April 13, 2007

Back to the Future

I hate when I have something in my head to post and then when I finally sit down and sign on, I stare at this open text box and can't for the life of me recall what it was. Is.

Or is past tense accurate, because it's already gone from my head?

* * *

I'll just throw some other stuff out there and maybe it will pop back in.

The other night, while I was on a high from having just seen an apartment I really liked, I stood at a busy intersection waiting for the light to change. It was late, dark, and chilly. A man came to stand next to me and my normally reticent nature was overshadowed by my good mood and I smiled at him and made some innocuous comment about the cold weather. He smiled and said, "I think this spring is going to be just like a knife fight in a phone booth. Short and ugly." I laughed and he made me promise 10% if I used that line. (Thankfully this blog generates no income.)

(Kids, if this joke puzzles you, you're too young to remember when phone booths were completely enclosed glass boxes, so compact that people were inspired to have silly contests to see how many of their friends could be stuffed inside. You know, before there was You Tube and My Space and PS2. Google it.)

* * *

Nope, still don't recall what I wanted to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page