Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Happy Birthday

Yesterday I was grumpy, but as usual, adept at rationalizing it. (Who wants to be an illogical bitch?) It was a co-worker's birthday and there was an unusual amount of hoopla, most likely because the woman who works for her is like that. But I am not comfortable celebrating birthdays at work, as not all birthdays are treated equally - some are completely ignored. It all depends on who you know, who you pal around with, who works for you. It's lopsided and haphazard, and I think the easiest way to avoid hurt feelings is to keep the festivities to a minimum (in the office, at least.)

Or maybe I was just grumpy because they set up ice cream on the file cabinet right next to my cubicle. Bad because of the strain on will power (and I don't even like ice cream!) and because people kept standing there chatting while I was trying to listen to a conference call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page