Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Things I Just Don't Understand, #87

We have a store in the ground floor of our building, run by a pair of friendly guys who are always eager to sign for packages, and greet you with a warm smile or wave each time you walk past. A fair number of packages arrive at our building, only a few of which are mine. Sometimes when I come home they'll wave me down and ask if I mind taking someone else's into the residential part of the building.

Yet, invariably, if a piece of mail comes addressed to the store, it sits on the hall table until I take it in to them. If it's a bill or invoice, I bring it over as soon as I see it, but sometimes I'll leave something else (a catalog, or flyer) sitting there to see if anyone else will bother to deliver it. You know, any one of the other building residents who benefit from having these guys downstairs. And days will go by, without one person lifting a finger to bring them their mail.

I really don't get it. I'm not that much of a freak, am I? This is a fairly normal expectation of behavior from people, isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pynchon said...

Never underestimate the "Why should I bother?" gene. It is everywhere.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ring logo
Writing Desk Webring

Join | List | Random
Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf
Locations of visitors to this page